Who Am I?
Freelance Web Developer From Nepal
I am Bijay Yadav, a freelance web developer based in Nepal, but working globally with different Startups and Agencies. I build websites not only everyone loves but also that generates sales. Using the latest trends and technologies, I can create a new high-quality website or redesign existing websites for an individual or an organization.
I am expertise on HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, PHP, MySQL, WordPress, WooCommerce, Bootstrap, Shopify etc. I have been developing websites since 2010 and have worked on different local and outsourcing design forms in Nepal and also worked as a remote developer for some international companies.
I started my career as a front end developer at 2010 and then started programming using PHP, MySQL since 2013. I also got my hands on WordPress since 2013. I have been so fond of WordPress that I have been developing websites using WordPress since then. I came across Shopify in 2018 and have developed various eCommerce websites on Shopify after that.
Why Hire Me?
I have worked with several leading web and digital marketing firms.
Head Of Developers (Feb. 2016 - Present)
I started working as a full time remote developer. We were a small group of 3 people when I joined the company. We now are 40+ people working full time around the globe. The company started a branch company in Nepal and I have been leading the team of 25+ developers/SEO professionals since then. Some of my daily tasks involves:
- Convert provided design files to fully-fledged WordPress/Shopify website.
- Develop custom WordPress plugins when required.
- Regularly maintain all the websites. Update the WordPress core, plugins, themes and do necessary tasks for monthly maintenance.
- Manage a team of 20+ people, assign tasks, QA on the tasks done.
- Write semantic, quality code and also help the team members to do the same.
- Communicate and discuss with the offshore Project Manager about the project requirement and estimate the time frame needed to complete it.
- Attend daily standup meetings with offshore Project Managers and conduct daily standup meetings for inhouse team
- Lead a team of 20+ web professionals, conduct regular meetings, training to upgrade the team member’s skills.
Sr. WordPress Developer (June 2015 - Dec. 2015)
Web Experts Nepal
- Convert the provided HTML/CSS files to WordPress website.
- Customize the WordPress theme as per requirement and design.
- Estimate on time needed to complete a website or a task provided by the project manager
- Create custom WordPress plugin needed for a website
- Write quality code and complete the project on provided deadline.
- Recommend necessary plugins for the website based on the functionality requirement
- Install necessary plugins on the website for development like WooCommerce, The Events Calendar, Revolution Slider, BuddyPress, etc
- Maintain the WordPress website by regularly updating WordPress core, themes and plugins used
- Provide the regular updates, communicate with project managers to complete the projects on provided timeline.
Project Manager (Sep. 2014 - Feb. 2015)
Moksha Design Studio
- Communication with the outsourcing project manager about the projects, its scope, deadlines and updating them on the progress on the web projects.
- Perform daily standup meetings, get regular updates on project status, and ensure the projects are completed within the estimated time.
- Convert the provided HTML/CSS files in to working WordPress website
- Post vacancy on different media and schedule interviews, perform the interview and hire the new developers
WordPress Theme Developer (Jul. 2012 - Aug. 2014)
Idealaya Pvt. Ltd.
- Develop digital store to sell WordPress Themes online.
- Maintain and update both free and premium WordPress themes.
- Develop new WordPress themes to upload on WordPress Theme Repository as well as sell it from own store.
- Review themes submitted on the WordPress Theme Repository.
- Provide regular support for the themes.
- Provide time estimate to complete tasks assigned and daily updates on progress on tasks to the Project Manager.
WordPress Developer (Jul. 2012 - Aug. 2014)
Last Door Solutions
Last Door Solutions is one of the leading web design agency that outsources their works to different clients and web agencies throughout the globe. I joined the Last Door as a PHP programmer, learned WordPress over there, fell in love with WordPress and started my career as a WordPress Developer. As a WordPress developer, I had the following roles on the Last Door:
- Convert provided HTML/CSS files to WordPress website based on the provided functionality brief.
- Create custom WordPress plugin as per the requirement of the website
- Customize WordPress Themes and Plugins based on requirement.
- Ensure the website is built with proper WordPress coding standard and is compatible with all the popular plugins
- Work closely with team leads and Project Managers to estimate timings on the potential tasks coming up.
- Provide daily updates on the task performed to the Project Manager
Web Developer (Jan. 2010 - Jun. 2012)
I joined Weblink Nepal as a Trainee Front End developer. I soon was promoted to Jr. Frontend developer and also started learning backend development. I was able to develop a complete website both front end as well as backend using PHP. I also provided training to people on 6 months Web Development course. As a full-stack PHP developer my tasks were:
- Convert the provided PSD files to W3C validated HTML/CSS Template.
- Convert the HTML/CSS Templates into the dynamic website by creating custom CMS based on PHP.
- Develop, update custom inhouse CMS build for a different kind of websites like business, informational, trekking and tours, NEWS, etc.
- Providing training to students on 6 months Web Development course that includes HTML, CSS, jQuery on Front end and PHP and MySQL on the backend.
- Train the clients on how to use the CMS, and add contents on the website.